Get To Know Kelly Yung
Morrison Dale (born 14th February) also known as Kelly Yung is a Nigerian Singer and a song writer.
The Udu Delta state artist started writing songs in 2008, made his first single titled “ Hangover” in 2018 with Peruzzi one of the top Nigerian artist.
Kelly yung attended Fins Academy School where he acquired his secondary school certificate, furthered into Ozoro polytechnics to study civil engineering but had to drop out due to financial instability and lack of support from family.
Kelly yung’s father was not in support of his music career. However, despite the lack of support, Kellyyung still chose to pursue his dream as an artist, this dream of becoming an artist was inspired by Raggae Legend Bob Marley and Afro Music Legend Fela Anikulapo Ransom Kuti. One of his favourite quote from Fela that keeps him motivated is “With my music I can create change”
Kelly yung is an Indie artist and hopes to carve a niche for himself in a very promising and competitive industry. His hope is that one day his music can inspire millions to not give up on their dream, regardless of their background.
Check out Q&A with Kelly Yung Below:-
1. Who is Kelly Yung?
My Name is Morrison Dale also Known As Kelly yung
2. How did music start for you ? and what made you want to become a
I started Music because I love music. I’ve loved from a young age but it
took me a while to start recording my own songs.
3. Who is your role model and why?
Bob Marley and Fela Anikulapo Kuti. Because they make timeless music.
6. Describe your creative process, how did you get your inspiration and how do you make your music?
Well It depends, My producer (@thewizzleblower) and I have different ways, sometimes we make music from the scratch and many other times my producer hooks me up with nice beats for me to write on.
5. when did you record your first music?
6. Lets dig into you discography, how many projects do you have so far
I have just one song titled Hangover featuring Peruzzi
7. What’s The best song you have released so far?
Other than Hangover, I would say it is my new single which would be dropping on the 3rd of December. I can’t wait for it to drop.
8. If you don’t become a musician, what would you be doing now?
Honestly, I don’t know because Music has been in me for as far as I can remember, The thought of other jobs is for out of my mind.
9. Which musician would you like to collaborate with?
Wizkid, OBO And Kodak Black
10. Are you signed or independent?
11. What are the challenges you have faced as an artiste?
It’s hard to see support cos singers are everywhere
12. what do you think indie artists should to get better
Just Keep doing
13. Share with us your most embarrassing moment as a musician
Yet to have one, looking forward to…LOL
14. What accomplishment, do you have yourself accomplishing in the next
I just want to carve a niche and probably few awards, and maybe 30million
Spotify listeners.. Who knows?
15. do you have any hobbies or interest outside of music
16. So wat should we be expecting soon from you ?
My new Single Mood swing Coming out 3rd of December
17. if you have one message to give to your fans what would it be ?
Please don’t sleep on me… Lets have some fun.